We love new and exciting places and often seek change. So when it comes to finding a greener pasture to call home, many of us are on the look-out for something that is better than we have. Whether this is upsizing, downsizing or finding our own slice of heaven many of us are bitten by the moving bug at one time or another. But, how do we know it’s the right time to move?
5 of the Most Common Signs that it is Time to Move
Knowing when to move isn’t as simple as it sounds. Apart from watching the market and following sales patterns to make sure that you get the best possible price for your home, there are a number of other signs that can indicate you’re ready to move. These are as follows:
1. Your children have moved on – If you’ve lived in a large family home for many years and your children have moved-out and started their own lives it may be time to downsize. Moving to a smaller home not only means less chores and more free time but it can also mean greater cash flow and money to put into investments or superannuation.
2. You’re earning more – If you’re earning more and it’s a steady income then it may be time to upgrade your home and buy that dream home you’ve always wanted.
3. You’re dreaming of the country – City life isn’t for everyone. The traffic, the fast-paced lifestyle, the pollution and the neighbours on your doorstep can be frustrating. Many people seek a work, life balance where they can relax and enjoy their free-time. If you keep dreaming of a home overlooking fields that has room for the kids then it might be time to sell that city home and move to the country.
4. Your employment is about to change – Your place of employment is downsizing and you know it will only be a matter of time before your job becomes obsolete. So rather than wait, sell your home and make financial changes now before funding gets tight.
5. You’ve finished all your home projects – Your home and garden are fully renovated and there are no more projects to be done. This can mean that it’s time to find a new project and to let someone else put their stamp on your home.
Are you looking to move? Then contact eChoice and find the right home loan for YOU.
Written by eChoice