There are many different types of home buyers in today’s market. While home buyers are seeking to buy property for varying purposes, such as investment or to reside in, most seek property that caters to specific lifestyle choices.
Home buying lifestyle choices are numerous and can vary greatly. So rather than focus on many home buyer types, we’ll compare two. These being the inner city location buyer or those who prefer compact living and home buyer’s who are seeking a property that gives them a better lifestyle or room to move. Let’s look at these type of buyers now.
Inner City Home Buyers
This type of home buyer is typically older late 40s or 50s and 60s and looking to downsize, or they are young professionals in their 20s without children. They usually seek the following:
- A home in the central business district (CBD), which is a short commute to work, universities and cafes.
- A more expensive, quality built property, with superior fixtures and fittings.
- Compact, open-plan living with outdoor areas, such as balconies and terraces.
- Convenience and low-maintenance, with no lawn to mow.
- A high level of infrastructure, transport, and culture. They are willing to pay a premium price for convenience.
- Apartments and units that are aesthetically pleasing with a large floor plan.
This type of home buyer is usually in their late 20s or 30s and 40s. They have a young or growing family and they are seeking to upgrade their home. They typically seek:
- A home that is within an hour’s commute of the CBD, which is near to kindergartens, schools and shopping centres, as well as local cafes and restaurants and has public transport to universities.
- A good quality, luxury home that has stylish fixture and fittings.
- A suburban location with nice views that has a larger block and room for the children to play, with a swimming pool, tennis court and a garage for many cars and recreational vehicles.
- A big spacious home that includes a theatre room and lavish open-plan kitchen and dining area, with alfresco and outdoor entertaining.
- Beautiful gardens and manicured lawns, with areas for children to play cricket and other outdoor activities without being underfoot.
- A well-priced home that fits within their budget, which has all the features they seek. They want to take breaks and entertain family and friends in their own surroundings.
- Homes that have a large foot-print that are modern and chic.
Looking to buy a home, but are not sure how to go about it? Then why not contact eChoice. We can help you!
Written by eChoice